[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: Announcing Hackathon event this Saturday (05/31/08)

S h i v shivakumar.gn at gmail.com
Fri May 30 09:17:47 IST 2008

FYI.

If you like the combination of opensolaris kernel and a ubuntu
userland and are a open source developer, this might be of interest to
you.
NexentaOS is a registered project on launchpad.net (ubuntu's
collaboration platform).
NCP 1.0 is based on Ubuntu Dapper sources. NCP will move to 2.0 and be
based on Ubuntu Hardy. There is a hackathon planned around this
effort.

Expect the below announcement on suitable Debian & Ubuntu developer shortly.
See DPL's note about Nexenta after last year's DebConf
[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/257265
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/11/msg00060.html

-Shiv