[FSUG-Bangalore] offline courseware tool and review tool

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Tue May 20 10:05:18 IST 2008

Hello Senthil,

2008/5/20 Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <sensunda at cisco.com>:

>  dear all,
>
> we are developing the basic gnu-linux desktop curriculum for C3 -
> http://slumdweller.wikispaces.com/
>
> the curriculum is based on exisiting gnu-linux desktop material but adopted
> to suit our context.
>
> this is divided as core skills and corresponding exercises the students
> should take.
>
> a) can we use moodle for the course  and can it be a offline tool - which
> can installed on debinan/ubuntu.

Moodle is a course management system that is basically meant to put courses
online so that the teacher can create some structure and invite students to
create content. When students interact with the environment, teach others
and are in a constantly learning culture they absorb data and convert it to
knowledge faster. So you may have to set up a mini server client network to
host Moodle.
What I can do is to install Moodle at
http://courses.swatantra.org(sub-domain does not exist yet) which
everybody will be able to access and
you can get the tution centre an internet connection.

> b) also whats the best free software courseware review tool. we would like
> to upload courseware and invite people to review it take review
> comments and so on .

Once the course material is online it can be reviewed by anyone.

--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822