[FSUG-Bangalore] Join FSF-India TODAY

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Sat May 17 10:47:31 IST 2008

From: fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in
[mailto:fsug-bangalore-bounces at mm.gnu.org.in] On Behalf Of Vikram
Vincent
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:19 AM
To: Free Software Users Group - Bangalore
Subject: [FSUG-Bangalore] Join FSF-India TODAY

Hello,
Having chanced upon Benjamin "Mako" Hill's blog, I'm using his appeal to
appeal to you all to join as Associate Members of FSF-India
<http://fsf.org.in/> .

Associate Fellowship of FSF India http://www.gnu.org.in/fellowship

"Now is the time to join and give to Free Software Foundation. 2008 is
going to be extraordinarily important year for free software.

>> We can organise an event around this..in blr..raise funds for fsf and
also use it as a campaign  for the free software movement
>> this is what we can do
>> get atleast  200 members from ITI KGF , Tumkur SSIT , BMS and RVCE
colleges - aim at 200 * 100 = 20,000 Rs.
>> work with Deeproot and other software friends and get atleast 20
professional members = 20 * 2000 = 40, 000 rs
>> if the above estimate looks too low for our strength here - please
fix bigger goals
>> can we also distribute RMS book : Free Software, Free Society:
Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman during this drive  : a low cost
edition maybe
>> we can also start a small bookstore / merchandise store for blr : of
both technical ( emacs , gnu c library ) and  books on free software
philosophy in blr / see t-shirt usb/ fsf usb  key and so on
>> we can also approach 5 new colleges - and try and for free software
user groups in these colleges