[FSUG-Bangalore] Join FSF-India TODAY

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:19:27 IST 2008

Hello,
Having chanced upon Benjamin "Mako" Hill's blog, I'm using his appeal to
appeal to you all to join as Associate Members of FSF-India<http://fsf.org.in/>
.
Associate Fellowship of FSF India http://www.gnu.org.in/fellowship
"Now is the time to join and give to Free Software Foundation. 2008 is going
to be extraordinarily important year for free software.

Eben Moglen likes to quote Gandhi's "first they ignore you, then they laugh
at you, then they fight you, then you win" progression when describing the
free software movement. As I pointed
out<http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/20070626-00>when I joined the FSF
board, we're beginning to see powerful interests
fighting free software. It's going to increase in the next few years. Things
will probably get a lot uglier for free software before they get better. We
can win but things are far from settled. The FSF is the front-line
organization in this fight and we need a robust and proactive foundation,
and an active and involved membership, if we're going to win.

Here are the issues that I'm going to pushing the FSF to pursue in the next
year."

Read more at Mako's blog http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/20071214-00
--
Vikram Vincent