[FSUG-Bangalore] FW: GNUs Grazing at Cubbon Park this Saturday at3pm

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Thu Jun 26 13:51:41 IST 2008

> 2008/6/25 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>:
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:02 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> HI all there are chances where the current syllabus of VTU could be
>>> changed  the committee member s and the board of studies is quite open for
>>> discussion so there is a need for a strong and well articulated
>>> representation is needed so that VTU also gets convinced in order to make
>>> changes in the LABS and Subject where free softwares could be used instead
>>> of proprietary softwares

Yes! this is very much necessary. Being Engineers, we should make sure
people are more closer to freedom and source code than just using software
by clicking on 'I Accept' and 'Done' button.

Last year I attended 'Tuxedo-07' at SJCE -Mysore, I came to know that, the
Electrical Branch there has all its branch converted to use GNU/Linux, (and
its HOD has contributed to slackware project too). Sadly CS, EC, and IS
branches were all lagging behind in migrating to GNU/Linux.

Sadly I can't attend this meet as I am not in the city now, but glad to hear
about the plans/steps taken towards the same.

Regards,
Amar

--
Amar Tumballi