[FSUG-Bangalore] Further developments in building Free Software Chapters in the colleges

Balaji Kutty balaji.kutty at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:07:25 IST 2008

Hi all,

I met Viju, our contact in St. Joseph yesterday(Friday). The college is
reopening on June 16th. Lecturers and students will be preoccupied on the
first week. Viju will arrange for a meeting on the second week. This meeting
will involve the HOD and professors of computer department. We will discuss
Free Software awareness program with them first and then take it forward to
the students with their help.

Viju says that he had already talked to the management and HOD. They have
showed positive response to this idea. So, it shouldn't be very hard to
build a chapter their in St.Joseph.

Viju also mentioned about the software required for their library. Is there
any library management system licensed under GPL. If there is one, we will
suggest and get them working in their library. If not, we can have the
students of St. Joseph themselves develop this library and get them
contribute this software to the community.

I will keep you posted as it moves forward.

Thanks
Balaji