[FSUG-Bangalore] Inaugural of Ambedkar Community Computer Center

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:31:26 IST 2008

great job --- really good one ---- smiles all around -

Congrats and thanks for the people who put their valuable time and effort in
bringing smiles on many faces ........

I remember Mr Senthil was discussing in St Josephs college during Free
software awareness camp about not only making people or society aware of
free software but how also free softwares can get the jobs for them........

for which few things  like training on those kind of softwares where
tomorrow they can mke life / carreer for which trainings have to be provided
so on and so forth.

This is one biggest challege for the whole free software community which i
think every one who are part of free software have to address in future and
be prepared to answer or help

creating awareness is one thing and also if people have to stay in the
community means some how a time or situation comes where normally people
would think how is it useful for them, that is the time where they really
decide which one to use ----- anyways today the scenario has changed we have
alternative sfotwares for almost every proprietary software .....

There is a need for trainers ------------- let us make some basic tutorials
however possible ( may be screencasts would be better) so that there will
not be a need for the trainer to be physically present.

Since every one are having shortage of time and in future we need more and
more people who can spare their time na which we cant gurantee -- so if we
have some screencasts then carrying forward the movement or sharing
knowledge would be much easier ........

Can we make some basic tutorials or use the existing ones  (download ) and
make a collection of CD's like basic introductary course about computers ,
for DTP -- may be on GIMP, Inkscape ,Scribus as many free software support
UNICODE we can even make few DTP operators aware of this -

CAN/SHOULD WE HAVE A SESSION FOR THE DTP OPERATORS ALSO IN BANGALORE in
coming days? ---

should we do a collection of tutorials?????

can we conduct a session like above ?????

What way we can take forward this -- can this be done ---- could you all
spend some valuable time on this