[FSUG-Bangalore] free software - slum computer centre

Chandru chandru.in at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:54:34 IST 2008

That is a great idea.  But since I'm myself studying MCA and also woking
full-time as a Java EE developer, I'd not be able to give Face to Face
training.  But would love to help in any way I can through internet.  I even
have a spare computer with 256 Meg Ram and 2 GHz CPU.  Would love to donate
it if someone is in need of it.  Xubuntu/even Ubuntu without much load would
run smoothly on this system.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <
sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

>  hi,
>
> we are upto something in  blr.
>
>  its  part time  activity  and in the initial stages..however we are
> passionate about it and hope it will workout well..
>
> your participation  and comments on what we should be doing will be
> useful.
>
> visit : http://slumdweller.wikispaces.com/  to get an idea of whats it all
> about.
>
> the challenges for folks in the foss community is at multiple levels
> a) creating curriculum - which is community owned
> b) designing coures - specific to the slum needs - getting students
> certifications - which
> helps them get jobs.
>

> regards
> Senthil

Chandra Sekar.S

e-mail: chandru.in at gmail.com
Blog: http://tuxychandru.blogspot.com/

How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just declare darkness the new standard.