[FSUG-Bangalore] audio/video recording - ogg - need help

sujith h sujith.h at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:16:18 IST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <
sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

>        0-> If u just want to "record songs people sing" , you could
> better go with a mp3 recorder , it would be about 1k for 2gb!! {more
> less in national market} , u can directly connect the mic's o/p to it
> and record :)
>        adding more , if u are looking for a video recording interface
> for your lapi , you can go for Sony it's would cost you more {check out
> ebay to just see how it looks}
>
> >> mp3 is patented I wouldn't want to use it. Is there something which
> will record ogg or a non encumbered format

I had recorded some of the ogg files using a tool called "sound recorder".
I connected my mic to the laptop, just recorded the way I want. Audacity
is also one of the good tools to record ogg files :)

സുജിത് ഹരിദാസന്
Bangalore
<Blog> http://sujith-h.livejournal.com