[FSUG-Bangalore] audio/video recording - ogg - need help

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Wed Dec 17 12:54:11 IST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 23:01 -0800, Praveen A wrote:
> 2008/12/16 Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) <sensunda at cisco.com>:
> >

> >> I think Senthil meant which device directly records as ogg..
> >> --
> >
> > That's right..if I can do away with mp3 on hw..i will be happy
>
> All you have to do is connect a microphone to any laptop and audacity
> will let you record as ogg.

most of the audio recording and mp3 palyers that we see in the market
produce a wav format file, which can be easily converted into ogg by the
convert script.  This is the cheapest way of producing good quality
audio recording.  I do this often and it works most of the time.

Nagarjuna G
http://www.gnowledge.org