[FSUG-Bangalore] Candle Light Vigil a great success

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:19:38 IST 2008

Hi Folks,

We had a great turn out today for the candle light vigil with people
from all walks of life expressing their solidarity with the campaign.

V Sasi Kumar, board member of FSF India addressed the gathering. Free
Software activists, students, members of BMS and RV college, members
of community computing center, members of Sangama - a sexuality
minorities human rights organization, IT professionals, academics,
were among those gathered. Mahiti and Servlots represented support
from small software companies.

First set of photos is available now
http://flickr.com/photos/sujith-h/sets/72157606909084209/

More photos and blogs to follow...

Please add "upcoming:event=1022228","Say No To Software Patents",
"Candle Light Vigil" and "FSUG Bangalore" as tags to photos you upload
to flikr. Send links to this community if you upload else where.

We need to plan for the 27th event and some media coverage would
definitely help. Please blog about the event spread word around about
the campaign.

Thanks a lot to everyone helped with this event. Looking forward to
your participation is the days to come so that we can stop this patent
menace.

Cheers
Praveen

--