[FSUG-Bangalore] About Website (oddmuse/mediawiki) & style - Arky, help

Shashi connect2shashi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 17:37:55 IST 2008

quoting http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/?Things_To_Do i'd tell you to go
for oddmuse for it is lightweight and more or completely flexible I've
tried to understand the MediaWiki source code which is next to
impossible the only people on the planet who may know how to hack it
to do anything i bet are those who founded MediaWiki.... Oddmuse is
easier to understand less bulky and too flexible if you were worrying
about the aesthetic feel the site has lost due to Oddmuse
I've made a css that will make you reluctant to use MediaWiki! Here
are some screenshots I took after running the css
http://www.orkut.co.in/AlbumZoom.aspx?uid=17149210454281460330&pid=1218186005070&aid=1218160761#pid=1218186002585
Oddmuse also uses flat file storage while mediawiki uses MySQL it is
difficul to migrate and to hack even the skin it uses... OddMuse is
straight forward and no nonsense wiki engine...
# Easy to use for users, easy to hack for programmers.
# Capable of multilingual sites.
# Unicode (UTF-8) per default.
# Valid HTML; CSS friendly.
these are lines on the oddmuse site i go with...
http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/oddmuse/Project_Organization

I need some more help.. in this page's code
http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/?search=arky&dosearch=Go! the results are
not put in a common html <div  class="wraporsomethin"></div> this
makes it not go with the CSS layout i made i need help of whoever has
access to the wiki.pl code to hack this to print the wrapping div...

About the content licensing I'd suggest GNU FDL.. and recommend you to
read it frst.
It's been a day after i joined the mailing list and orkut comm. I'm
not feeling comfortable about asking you access to the source code of
the site... pls reply
--
Shashi
http://connect2shashi.blogspot.com