[FSUG-Bangalore] IEEE Blr and free software

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Thu Aug 7 12:23:40 IST 2008

Hi,

" Don't publish papers with the IEEE! As the IEEE rejects public-domain
papers, let the public reject the IEEE. See
http://cr.yp.to/writing/ieee.html."  says RMS webpage.

There is lot of discontent among the academic community regarding the
technical refreeing of IEEE. Some also see it as a easy way of getting
'their' papers published..to put it bluntly.

However IEEE blr has requested a session on free software . We had
already given them a list of topics ..

I personally feel that we should go ahead with the session.

Main intent is to get another platform to talk about free software : to
a large number of students : with the intent of forming student
chapters.

-S

-----