[FSUG-Bangalore] [ILUG-GOA] Monthly LUG meet - Sat 26th Apr

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Sat Apr 26 12:52:22 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edgar D' Souza <edgar.b.dsouza at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/4/25
Subject: [ILUG-GOA] Monthly LUG meet - Sat 26th Apr
To: ilug-goa at yahoogroups.com

Hi all...
 According to my Gnome calendar, tomorrow is the 26th of April, and the
 fourth Saturday of the month... which means it's time for our monthly
 meet-up! I expect that it will be at Science Centre, Miramar, as
 usual, around 3.00 to 3.30 p.m.

 I believe Stan Thomas is demoing the eye-candy WBar application as
 part of his small talk on how he's using Linux on old hardware and not
 only getting performance, but good looks as well (I mean the Linux
 desktop, not Stan... ;-)

 If Stan isn't demoing it, I can put in a couple of minutes on
 wbarconf, a GUI configuration tool for wbar, which is incidentally
 written in Python and GTK... and, if anyone's, interested, explain how
 I used GIMP 2.4.2 to create some backgrounds for the wbar too. Unlike
 Stan, I use wbar on Gnome, because I'm kind of addicted to Gnome :)

 If anyone else has a small talk or demo to give, please do post in
 reply, mentioning what you'll be covering...

 Regards
 Ed.

Frederick 'FN' Noronha | Ym/Gmailtalk: fredericknoronha
http://fn.goa-india.org | fred at bytesforall.org
Independent Journalist | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9970157402