[FSUG-Bangalore] Recalling National Convention on Free Software

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 6 13:10:31 IST 2007

Hello All,
Thought that I'd post a small write-up of the free software convention that
was held at the University of Hyderabad, DST auditorium, Hyderabad, AP.
Firstly, a round of applause to the AP team for the entire effort.
Everything was well planned and executed.
The biggest show of strength was the hundreds of Engg. students who turned
up from all over AP and participated in the two day event.
Bangalore was represented by a 14 member team and we were joined by Free
Software enthusiasts from all over India.
While all the panellists made interesting points personally I feel that it
was Prabir Purkayasta who made the big impact with his
policy-socio-techno-economic analysis of the factors influencing the
movement.
It was rightly pointed out that the free software movement is mainly in
defence of our 'intellectual self-reliance' in all spheres of our lives.
The activists session helped in consolidating our efforts.
The session ended on a high note with the unanimous passing of the
resolution.

Some newspaper reports. Links can be found on the main web page too.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/05/stories/2007030516130500.htm

http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/04/stories/2007030411510400.htm

--
Regards