[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: [Indlinux-group] New release of Baraha keymaps for all Indian languages

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 24 18:09:03 IST 2007

Please test the Kannada keymap and report any problems to Gora directly.

Cheers
Praveen

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gora Mohanty <gora at sarai.net>
Date: २००७ अगस्त २३ १३:५३
Subject: [Indlinux-group] New release of Baraha keymaps for all Indian languages
To: indlinux-group <indlinux-group at lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: ubuntu-in <ubuntu-in at lists.ubuntu.com>, Indlinux-hindi
<Indlinux-hindi at lists.sourceforge.net>, deewan <deewan at sarai.net>

Hello,
  As the Hindi keymap has been deemed satisfactory, I have made a new
release of the SCIM keymaps for all Indian languages, using the Baraha
layout. Besides Hindi, I have minimally tested Oriya, and invite people
to test other Indian languages, and report bugs to me. To avoid
cluttering up these newsgroups, I will no longer post about updates.

  You can get the relevant files from
http://code.indlinux.net/projects/baraha-maps/ . The easiest way to do
this is to follow the links under the "Latest File Releases" section
towards the top of the page, though you can also get the files from
CVS following the instructions under the SCM tab.

  Three packages are available:
1. baraha-files: This is a minimal set of files needed to install and
   test the keymaps.
2. remap_lang: This contains a possibly useful Perl script that
   transliterates between Indian languages, based on an assumed
   equivalence between Unicode codepoints for different Indian
   languages.
3. baraha-maps: This is the complete distribution, including both
   baraha-files, and remap_lang.
In all three cases, you can install the package by downloading the
tar.gz file from the corresponding "Download link", unarchiving, and
typing "make". For example, with the baraha-files package:
1. Download baraha-files-0.2.tar.gz
2. Unarchive:
     tar xzf baraha-files-0.2.tar.gz
3. Compile, and install:
     cd baraha-files-0.2
     make
     sudo make install
Please let me know of any problems that arise from following these
instructions.

Regards,
Gora

പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്