[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG-Bangalore needs to be added on NRCFOSS page

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Apr 27 03:13:07 IST 2007

(plus-discuss added to cc)

2007/4/26, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>:
> Dear Sir,
> http://nrcfoss.org.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=77
> The page on the following link does not contain any mention of the Free
> Software Users Group-Bangalore http://bangalore.gnu.org.in

Also you have wrongly represented our group (plus - Palakkad Libre
Software Users Society). Our main page clearly states why we are not a
GNU/Linux users group.

From the main page of plus.sarovar.org

"Many people adopt and use GNU/Linux purely on the basis of technical
and cost criteria, without any appreciation for the underlying message
of software freedom. We feel that describing ourselves as a Free
Software User Group rather than a GNU/Linux User Group will contribute
to a better appreciation of that underlying message.

Also, the free software cause is much bigger than any one operating
system. Besides the fact that GNU/Linux is not the only free operating
system today (our group welcomes users of other free operating systems
too), one must also appreciate the fact that in the fast changing
world of computer science and operating systems technology, no
operating system or kernel is eternal. The message of software
freedom, however, is."

Also we don't want to be listed as a linux users group. You could
either change the title to Free Software user groups or FOSS User
groups.

Hope you will take necessary steps to correct it.

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ് അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്