[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: Special BLUG Meet: April 10th

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Apr 3 18:50:58 IST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com>
Date: २००७ अप्रैल ३ १७:३५
Subject: [blug-non-tech] Special BLUG Meet: March 10th
To: BLUG non-tech <linux-bangalore-non-tech at yahoogroups.com>

The Bangalore Linux Users Group is happy to announce a special event on
April 10th:

T h e   O p e n M o k o   P r o j e c t
Presented by
Sean Moss-Pultz and Harald Welte
Tuesday, 10th April, 4:00pm
Hotel Chancery, Lavelle Road
Bangalore

OpenMoko (http://openmoko.org) is the world's first integrated Open Source
Mobile Communication Platform. OpenMoko is supposed to run on all kinds of
Linux-capable mobile phones. The first fully supported OpenMoko phone is
the FIC Neo1973.

Sean Moss-Pultz of FIC is the Program manager and driving force behind the
project.

Harald Welte is... ummm.. he's done so much for the FOSS community,
maybe it's better if you just read about him here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Welte

They are going to show off their baby, explain what makes it tick, and how
it works, and how you can get involved in this high-visibility project.

They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

The event is open to (almost) everyone who is interested in OpenMoko and
wants to learn more about the project. This event is developer oriented,
and of interest to people who wish to contribute to the project at system
(Linux), UI (gtk) or application level.

The "almost" in the paragraph above stems from the fact that no more than
100 people will fit in the venue, and it is therefore first come, first
serve.

There is no cover charge, but you will have to register by sending your
name to openmoko-event at blug.in latest by Monday, the 9th of April - only
people who register and who receive a confirmation can attend.

Sorry about that, but we have to take into account that the venue can only
hold a fixed number of people, and that we have to tell the hotel in
advance how many people will be coming (for the snacks and tea/coffee
after the event).

We are grateful to Geodesic Information Systems Limited, who have kindly
agreed to cover the expenses of the event.

So if you are interested in embedded/mobile Linux, the OpenMoko project,
and the future of mobile communication, then please send your name to
openmoko-event at blug.in

Please spend some time going through the material at http://openmoko.org
to prepare. This will help you get the most out of the event.

And if any of you have already started developing for the platform (you
know who you are), please let us know so that we can highlight this during
the event.
--
Tejas Dinkar
http://gja.in