[Bulk] [fsug-bangalore] How is a root owned file created by unprevileged user a probem?

rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat May 13 19:42:59 IST 2006

Hi Fellows,

> Let define the problem first and then find a solution :-) I raised the
>concern in #hurd channel and geot this response

<manuel> the only problem with root-owned files are the setuid/setgid bits,
AFAICS

Thank you for bringing up this issue, I think its really bad to approach
HURD with traditional UNIX ideas, because 'GNU is Not Unix'.

Ever since the beginning of time (UNIX epoch that is) files with  'root' or
'0' ownership is treated with greatest fear by we admins. I need to learn
more about the security architecture of HURD throughly.

Cheers

--arky