[fsug-bangalore] Topic for next Gnu(s) grazing: Free Software Business Model

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Mar 16 18:53:10 IST 2006

Hi Vikram,

--- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/03/06, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati
> <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > --- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > As Ramakrishna as suggested in our last meeting we
> > need to awareness about Free Software and its
> various
> > licence forms to fine arts students. Am gonna
> probe an
> > distant contact in Chirakala Parishat.
> >
> > If you have any contact from other institutes
> please
> > do help us out.
>

> Sure would you all like to start with the Govt.
> colleges cause though they
> have computer education they don't have the faculty
> and hence suffer from
> immense difficulty.  My group is in contact with the
> College Reps and CRs
> and they are interested in such programs. Example
> Maharani's college(2500
> students), Home Science(1500) Govt Arts and Science
> college(1500+), Etc...
> Among private institutions we can focus on schools
> because personally I feel
> that we can find maximum potential there and with
> the right approach we can
> really convince them about FSM.

That's a good, Vincent . Just check if any of your
college contacts have a free slot for a talk next
weekend (24 th and 25th March).

I couldn't get the contact from ChithraKala Parishad
yet. But today once again try Computer Society India
(CSI) chapter. This time I just gave call and just got
lucky.

The CSI (Bangalore Chapter) manager Mr.Sridhar was
very helpful and when I explained that we want to
arrange talks as part of roadshow leading towards
GPLv3 Conference he said he would happy to help us.
They were having a talk on distributed computing today
evening and asked if I could make it and talk to the
Secretary and other officials of CSI (Bangalore)
chapter. Unfortunately I couldn't make it there on
time.

I think we should give them a visit this weekend,
would anyone wanna tag along ?

Cheers

--arky