[fsug-bangalore] Follow-up to the meet on Saturday...

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Mar 5 18:37:02 IST 2006

Hi All,

> > i ll try for the weekend , ie: 11th . it would be
> > suitable... let me know
> > about the following asap:
> >

> >    - do you need a class or auditorium? or tell me
> > the total audience you
> >    are targetting (50, 100, 200?)
> >     - do you need a projector?
> >

>We may have >= 25-30 people from FCI/Blug/FSUG coming
>and the students of the BMS (What is your estimation
>guys?)
>
>Hmm, it would be great if the college has one and can
>lend us or else I have to scout for someone who has
>one.
A projector is a must for showing anything.
Evenif you have 10 people.

he he , somebody remember the school days :)

>Yes having a hands-on workshop really good. Personally
>am working on developing an XML training program
>(consisting of five or six lectures) that I would take
>to different colleges here in banglore and hyderabad
>(couple of other places in AP).

This would be really nice to see.

>At the moments there isn't must interest in Semantic
>Web and Web Standards here in Bangalore. But in few
>years we are gonna see companies requiring programs to
>follow Web Standards from Interface design to Business
>services based on XML.

Semantic web represent a very exciting area where the internet would go.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/ for starters.
I too would not say that i know a bit , having basics atleast.
If possible can we have a small introduction on semantic web.
Having them see something abstract and partly practical would be gr8.
I too believe that to get the students involved we need to be hands on  and keep them in good humour.

Regards

Kanti

Enjoy your Freedom,use GNU/Linux.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html