[FSUG-Bangalore] Re: [GPLv3-Conference] Proposed List of Volunteers' Responsibilities

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 27 13:14:38 IST 2006

On 27/07/06, Ramakrishna Reddy <ramkrsna at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Some other urgent work includes.
> > 1. Inviting media people

Already working on this one. Can we have the *press invitation* and other
invitations on a FSF letterhead? Is it possible to arrange a "Meet the
press" shortly to update the media on the Event?

> 2. Personal meetings to invite dignitaries
> I can  volunteer for this, for Dignitaries, in and around Bangalore
> > 3. Promotion of event in software industry.
> Do we have any publicity Material ready, like posters, flyers to put up ?

We have a list of people from various IT companies and I have already spoken
to many of them. It will be good if we can directly contact the Managements
with an official invitation.

I guess break-up volunteers into commitees ::
> 1. Hospitality -
> 2. Sponsorship - Abhas & team
> 3. Media - Arky & James
> 4. Transport/ Travel (for speakers/ delegates)
> 5. Publicity - Vikram Vincent and team

For 1. and 4. we can allocate the work to the volunteers when we meet later.
--
Regards
Vikram Vincent