[FSUG-Bangalore] Circulating invitation

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jul 22 10:51:52 IST 2006

Hi List,
--- Arun M <arun at gnu.org.in> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
>   Can we have a online session some time soon ?
>
> Registration and Press Release are ready now we
> should start sending
> out mail to various groups.

Here are excerpts from discussion Jhinuk and I had
this morning on media activities relating to GPLv3
Conference press release.

* The press release can be circulated among the
various mailing-list asking people to pass it on to
their friends in mass media.

* Get in touch with business/technology correspondents
of IBN-Live (or similar media channels) and provide
information about the conference.

* Get in touch with Bangalore Press Club and explore
the possibilities of promoting the event apart from
organized a full-scale 'Meet the Press'.

* Find contacts in News Agencies like PTI, AP, Reuters

* If possible, hire a PR agency for the event. Or at
least find a resource person in this field to help us.

Cheers

--arky