[FSUG-Bangalore] streaming setup

harsha reddy harsha@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 13 15:27:12 IST 2006

This is very good streaming software,

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

3. Legal concerns

   3.1. May I use the VideoLAN logo?

   You may freely use the VideoLAN logo using the following copyright:

   Copyright (c) 1996-2003 VideoLAN. This logo or a modified version may
   be used or modified by anyone to refer to the VideoLAN project or any
   product developed by the VideoLAN team, but does not indicate
   endorsement by the project.

   3.2. May I redistribute a piece of VideoLAN software?

   You may distribute an original or modified version of a piece of
   VideoLAN software as long as you comply with its license terms. It is
   the GNU General Public License Version 2 (referred herein as GPL), and
   it is in the file named COPYING in our products. The easiest way to
   conform to the GPL is to accompany the product you want to distribute
   with its sources. For example, if you plan to distribute the lastest
   binary version of VLC, you should also include all the files listed on
   the [32]VLC source code page. You do not need to bother explaining
   where the sources are, but the sources have to share the same media as
   the products. There are other ways to comply with the GPL, but this
   should be the simplest because it does not rely on a contract.

     Note: You do not need to ask the VideoLAN team the permission to do
     so!

more... in =====> http://www.videolan.org/doc/faq/en/videolan-faq-en.txt