[FSUG-Bangalore] MOM of Cubbon Park Meet

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 12 17:54:41 IST 2006

--- Ramakrishna Reddy <ramkrsna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, Video and Audio recording Streaming of the
> conference is
> important, I remember the organisers of last years
> World Information
> City conference had done it, I guess the Center for
> Film and Drama,
> had done it. Jace was streaming the event. "Arky"
> any  contacts at the
> CFD would help.

One of the pre-requisites of the streaming setup is
that only Free Software based streaming soultions
(codecs/streaming server etc) should be used. Most of
the media people in Bangalore still use proprietary
system. Abhas of Deeproot have agreed to setup the
streaming server and it was discussed that we could
seek help from some others too.

And it may not be possible to stream every talk/panel
discussion, then we can just record the session with
the help of IIMB video team and place all videos on
publicly access web server.

Cheers

--arky