[FSUG-Bangalore] MOM of Cubbon Park Meet

Arun M arun@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jul 12 09:19:28 IST 2006

Hi All,

> On Monday 10 July 2006 12:47 PM, Arun M wrote:
> > 1. Website - any takers ?
>
> Praveen and Thejesh will take care of the web site as also any other
> technical requirements.

Praveen/Thejesh please update the site and mention that event is being
organised by FSF India and IIMB. We need to put a link to registration form
once
Anurag finishes his work.

> 2. Press release - Arky is expected to send this to us today.
>
> Arky - can you send a draft to the list? Dinesh and Thejesh also
> volunteered to help freeze the draft so that we can start using it asap.

Press release is final lets send that out once registration form is ready

> 3. List of invitees - is there any one to help ?
>
> Here is how we can step through this:
>
> 0. Freeze on the program so that it can be included in the press
> release. At least we should know the major topics of discussion. Once we
> have this we will also know whom to invite for which session.

Freezed but site is not updated. I will fix that.

1. Get the press release ready. The same can also be used to prepare a
> PDF note that can be used to invite people over email or postage
> invitations. This will be very important to invite people.

I will send a my list of name which can be extended. We need an invitation
letter
Arky can you help in that also ? We need to design letter head also.
Do we have designers ?

3. Based on the above, we can draw up a list of organisations /
> individuals who we need to formally invite.
>
> > 4. Bank account - immediate.
> > 5. Sponsorship - nothing will work with out this, a sad reality.
>
> There were two offers in the meeting:
>
>   1. Thejesh volunteered to ask Mahendra (who works with him at Infosys)
>      to see if they would be interested in sponsorship. If there is some
>      interest from them, then I can get involved in this and follow it
>      up.
>
>   2. Praveen also said that he will contact HP and see if they are
>      interested in the sponsorship.

Good, Abhas please follow up with Asoke on Intel sponsorship. We will have
to give a letter to them. I will write to Venky for support from RedHat.

What about Yahoo ?

regards
arun.