[fsug-bangalore] [tech] Re-setting Debian default python version

Abhas Abhinav abhas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Feb 10 08:59:22 IST 2006

On 06:50, Thu 09 Feb 06, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
> Yes, Being a minimalist and not being a python lover I
> better stick with one run-time only. There is

Well - in cases like these I really don't care. There is enough disk
space for another package and I'm really indifferent to stuff like this.

If I really need to be specific, I compile stuff from source... Like
e17.  The latest CVS checkout really rocks!

> As the others packages like
> (podracer,alsa-utils,python-apt) depends on 'python' I
> made a dummy of that one.
> (Discussed in detail here
> http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/cgi-bin/ezmlm-browse?list=fsug-bangalore&cmd=showthread&month=200602&threadid=jaabkjgncnpipojnppaf
> )

Ya - I saw that much later on... Did not know about equivs myself.

When I need to make some quick and nice Debian packages I use 'epm'
(Easy Package Manager) from ESP (the makers of CUPS). In fact, epm will
lets you make packages for multiple distributions, if you want.

Have a great day ahead - everyone... -Abhas.
--
i-take-charge at DeepRoot Linux
http://www.deeproot.co.in / +91 (80) 4112 4784 / 85