[FSUG-Bangalore] With renewed coordination, communication and teamwork.

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 11 10:34:33 IST 2006

Hello All,
Yesterday night, at around 21:15, Praveen A, Aanjhan and myself met up at
Coffee World at Koramangala to discuss the progress of the conference
preparation.
We felt that instead of keeping our discussions to a closed exclusive group,
we could improve our efficiency by making our posting on-list and inclusive.

A few of our decisions have already been posted i.e.,
1. Press meet on the 18th of August.
2. Technical details at IIM
3. Hospitality issues by the SIGMA boys.

During our discussions we realised that the reason why things were being
done in duplicate is because of the lack of communication, coordination and
team work even among the members on the "Bangalore Contacts" list.
This lacuna is due to the fact that most of the members are holding
extremely responsible positions and hence have serious time constraints.
Keeping the above in mind, we have decided to redistribute the
responsibilities among those who are more available, with others being able
to join in as time permits. The major distributions are given below and this
will be further sub-delegated to the sub-committees and the sub-committee
in-charges.
Praveen A.(9986348565)-- All activities internal to IIM-Bangalore, including
the technical aspects. This would also mean interacting with SIGMA boys and
updating the FSUG list.
Aanjhan(9880497151)-- All hospitality and travel arrangements. He will
ascertain the current status of these responsibilities and take it further.
Vikram Vincent(9448810822)--Mobilising of volunteers, on-site medical aid,
registration+help desk, media publicity, delegate kit, etc...

To Anurag: Can you please immediately send an email to all the registered
delegates to ascertain whether they require accomodation, to confirm their
expected time of arrival and whether they require travel arrangements. This
must also become the standard query to all new registrations.

To James: Can you please tell us what is the status of "accomodations". Have
arrangements been made for the *star speakers*, foreign delegates and
volunteers, and local delegates from other parts of India?

To Arun M: Some initial funds are required for the following:
Press meet on the 18th- approx. Rs.1000/-
Phone calls to mobilise volunteers and coordination-approx-Rs. 1500/-
Travel-approx-Rs.1500/-
Misc-1000/-
Thus a total of Rs.5000/- is needed initially. The funds can be sent to
Praveen A.
For all the above amounts, detailed accounts will be maintained and
submitted when asked for.

Core group meeting: This has been scheduled to the Sunday, 13th of August at
IIM Bangalore at 15:00hrs sharp.
Volunteers meeting: This has been postponed to Monday, 14th of August at St.
Joseph's college at 17:00 hrs subject to granting of permission. Working
people, please do come as soon as office closes.
All further sub-delegation of responsibilities will be done in the
volunteers meeting so please do not miss it.
--
Regards
Vikram Vincent