[fsug-bangalore] Technical Fest at BMSCE

Abhas Abhinav abhas@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 26 21:28:05 IST 2005

Hi Nirmal!

Really glad that your previous even turned out so well! Congrats and
keep it up!

On 21:03, Mon 26 Sep 05, Nirmal Thacker wrote:
> The BMSCE, CSE dept has scheduled a technical festival for the 15th of
> october.
>
> since this is the only place (the list) i get to meet a lot of people to
> meet from the industry, i would love it if some of you guys who run your own
> companies or work at one could go through our sponsorship brochure which i
> have attached. (and try to resist our offers!)

I don't find your offers too difficult to resist! :)

I think you should add a small paragraph on what sponsors have to gain
from sponsoring your event. You should also talk about who the intended
audience of the event is, what the size of the audience is, are they
going to be just from your college or elsewhere as well... and so on.

You could also include some attendence figures from the previous years -
who attended, how many were from Bangalore - how many were from outside
etc. Such demographies will help potential sponsors know that the money
will give them in the short and long run.

If you can, also indicate what the money that you need for the
sponsorship is going to be used for (and thus, what are the total
expenses of the event).

Is it possible to sponsor in kind - ie. without actually spending money?
Can someone invest time and effort and thus be a sponsor of some sort?
We don't have the sort of money you need - how else can we help you out?
We do work exclusively in gnu/Linux and Free Software and have a wealth
of experience and insight to share.

Cheers,
Abhas.

PS. Next time, you can also try to make the same brochure in Inkscape or
OOo Draw, instead of PageMaker 7.0! Its easy and if you want, I'll be
glad to personally spend an hour with you to show you how to do that.

--
Abhas Abhinav <abhas at deeproot.co.in>
i-take-charge at DeepRoot Linux