FOSS Seminar at BMSCE Basavanagudi on Saturday 24th Sept and we are meeting on Thursday

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 20 19:29:57 IST 2005

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the FOSS seminar on this Saturday (24th Sept) at BMS
college of Engineering Basavanagudi. This activity was planned for SFD (10th
Sept) but couldn't get a confirmation and we were in touch with Nirmal
Tahacker ( third year CS student at BMSCE ) and now the date is confirmed.

The agenda of the seminar is

1. Introducing FOSS and its advantages especially to students
2. Move forward with Education project (
http://fci.wikicities.com/Education). Collect feedback and setup a
continuous process to enable User Driven
innovation
3. Introducing alternative to propietory software (especially to electronics
and electrical students)
4. A technical talk (anyone ready to come ?)

Now Dilip V <http://dilpu.net/> ,Thejesh GN <http://techmag.biz/>, and
myself <http://pravi.co.nr/> volunteered to go there. We are looking for
some more volunteers.

This Thursday (22nd Sept) we are meeting at Cafe Coffee Day in Brigade road
(next to the Petrol Pump ) at 6.30 pm.

Any ideas and volunteers are welcome.

Cheers
Praveen A

--
"GNU is the system, and Linux is the kernel."
A proud GNU user http://www.gnu.org