[fsug-bangalore] Times of India wants to cever FSD..plz send in ur detai

Frederick Noronha fred@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 14 14:33:07 IST 2005

Better late than never! We marked SFD in Goa only today (at St Xavier's College, where we took the opportunity to build up a new, nascent user-group) because of the Ganesh Chaturthi long holidays last weekend.

And, we'll be continuing at the Exhibition of Computers and Allied Products (little Goa's largest computer trade fair) on Sept 23/24 at Panjim's Hotel Mandovi.

FN

From: Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>
Date: 2005/09/14 Wed PM 01:26:27 GMT+05:30
To: fsug-bangalore at lists.deeproot.co.in
Subject: Re: [fsug-bangalore] Times of India wants to cever FSD..plz send in ur details asap

On 9/14/05, Sajith T S <sajithts at softhome.net> wrote:

> Maybe Praveen can
> help you with this. Meanwhile, you could visit this page:
>
> http://maitri.ubuntu.com/softwarefreedomday/wiki/index.php/India
>
> In Karnataka, only Bangalore appears to had an SFD team. But the link
> points to FSUG Bangalore's wiki page, the one Praveen had started :)
> But nothing materialized, I think not many of us had the energy or
> time to spare from our busy little lives.

Ya I tried to do something on SFD, but as Sajith said nothig materialised on
*SFD* but we are still trying to do those things planned for SFD now. (We
started very very late - just two weeks to organise and the last date for
getting the materials -- CDs T Shirts etc from
softwarefreedomday.org<http://softwarefreedomday.org>was July 1). Next
year we will have a better SFD in Bngalore. Wiki, Mailing
list (especially for this are in place already)
http://fci.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page (FOSS Community India for advocacy
-- especially for SFD)

The first step is a seminar at BMSCE (Basavanagudi). Ya we are going there
this saturday. I just have to confirm the date with CS HOD. So I will let
you all know after it is confirmed.

Anyone interested to come ?

Cheers
Praveen A
--
"GNU is the system, and Linux is the kernel."
A proud GNU user http://www.gnu.org

Frederick Noronha         784 Near Convent, Sonarbhat SALIGAO GOA India
Freelance Journalist      TEL: +91-832-2409490 MOBILE: 9822122436
http://fn.swiki.net       http://www.livejournal.com/users/goalinks
fred at bytesforall.org   http://www.bytesforall.org