SFD celebrations in BMS college [ was : real sorry guys]

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 7 13:46:47 IST 2005

On 9/6/05, Nirmal Thacker <nirmalthacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi praveen and everyone else,
>
> well, the engineering colleges have just started. the first internals will
> be around the first week of october. we have ample time for a seminar.

I would love to have it on Software Freedom Day ie, Sep 10 -- this saturday.
But I think you won't have much time to arrange. If it it is possible we can
have it on SFD or let me know any convenient date (Saturdays and Sundays
will be convenient for us -- who is working).

lucky for me, my cell was not seized! my no is 9880 281847. i may not answer
> calls during college(7:30 AM to 2:30 PM), since its really difficult to fish
> it out of my socks!

Happy to know you spared :-)

since i am now in 3rd year, our 4th year seniors have given us total charge
> for activities related to our dept, so i ll be glad to reserve the hall and
> the permision from our HOD and principal once you tell me the possible dates
> for the event.

So the first priority is September 10. Next priority any Saturady
(preferably) - depending on your convenience.

as a suggestion, hows the idea of a monthly/fortnightly newsletter/mag on
> FSF/GNU/Linux at a nominal charge?

Good ! We'll think of it as a next step of SFD (We already have plans to
take all the ideas we discussed for SFD forward). So we will have a new
community FOSS Community Bangalore, which joins Free Software User Group
Bangalore and Bangalore Linux Users Group -- and its main aim is to take
forward SFD initiative and stress on FLOSS in education (Advocacy).

It will
1. Bring out a news letter
2. Work for more role for FLOSS in education
3. Work closely with students and teachers
4. organize SFD activities

Any new ideas ? Always welcome

(Customised version of fsug-bangalore + blug)

We will participate in both of these groups activities and we are a focused
group (on these aims)

--
Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr