[fsug-bangalore] IT For Change, Bangalore

Shivakumar GN shivakumargn@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 28 11:12:43 IST 2005

A couple of comments regarding FreeDuc -

> Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:57:43 +0530
> From: Smitha Rao <smitha.a.rao at gmail.com>
> To: fsug-bangalore-owner at lists.deeproot.co.in
>
> Hi All,
>         Well, I have not seen the CD mentioned
> here... If I could
> know how I could have access to one, would
> definitely like to check it
> out.

I have a copy of the FreeDuc CD. Wanted to try out for
a school. Unfortunately it is only in french. I
contacted the FreeDuc team and was informed that
command-line boot option can be given to boot in
english (and some of the interfaces should appear in
english). I need to try it out.
It is available at http://www.ofset.org/freeduc-cd.
I can provide a copy of the CD if required. (I stay in
Jayanagar 9th Block, Bangalore)

A related info - Edubuntu, a project from the Ubuntu
team is something to watch for. Edubuntu aims to be an
Ubuntu version suitable for classroom use.
(http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu)
It is expected to be released along with the next
release of Ubuntu (October 2005).

warm regards
Shivakumar