GNU/Linux Gamers

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jun 10 08:35:39 IST 2005

Morning Friends,

Perhaps you are looking forward for a relaxed weekend, warming up to the
weekend mood I pose you are rather odd question.

'What does GNU/Linux Gamers Like'?

Most of the time I get answers like 'I don't have time for game's or
'Hey, you dork people have work to do unlike you'.

But really let look into the mind of a GNU/Linux. Do let me what you
like.

Here are some of I like to play now as am still using K6-2 455MHz I
don't have much fuel of hot games ;o).

1) All the games on Emacs, esp those I don't need to play like zone or
Hanoi(Hanoi-UNIX. ;o))

2) Most lasted and old variants of nethack including the latest
Falcon-eye.

3) Most of the games of old bsd-games package and those old DO$ ID
games.

What do you like.

Recently shrave on Blore-linux yahoo group posted this list of games
ported to GNU/Linux

Recent triple-A titles with native Linux ports...
http://www.doom3.com/
http://www.unreal.com/
http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/
http://www.americasarmy.com/
http://nwn.bioware.com/ (RPG)
http://www.atitd.com/ (MMORPG)

Independently developed, commercial, multi-platform games:
http://www.garagegames.com/pg/

Poker!
http://www.pokerroom.com/

Marquee open source games:
http://www.flightgear.org/ (flight sim)
http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Freeciv (Civilization clone)
http://tuxracer.sourceforge.net/ (sledding/racing sim)

Classics!
http://www.nethack.org/
http://www.thangorodrim.net/ (Angband)
http://www.gnu.org/software/chess/chess.html
http://www.netrek.org/

Windows and arcade games through emulation or translation:
http://www.transgaming.com/
http://www.mame.net/

Other useful Linux gaming resources -- ports-in-development, news,
FAQ's:
http://www.icculus.org/
http://www.linuxgames.com/

--