[fsug-bangalore] Hurd CDs, anyone?

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 22 14:28:33 IST 2005

--- Anand Babu <ab at gnu.org.in> wrote:

> Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
> > Hi Sajith,
> >    Sure, I have Debian-K7 iso lying on my drive.I
> can
> > mail you the Debian-K7-hurd CD1 or Mini CD
> (34MB).Do
> > let me know.
>
> I recommend Debian GNU/Hurd K8 if you can download
> them
> from http://ftp.gnuab.org/pub/debian-cd/K8/
> The 2GB filesystem limit has gone. The tests were
> made on
> a 20 GB partition.

 Ok, Debian-Hurd-K8 it is, I'll download the iso over
the next week.Ab, watch out for a lot of traffic
coming your way ;o)

Sajith, contact me off-list.

Is there is a chance of mirroring these images
locally, perhaps someone in bangalore with server can
start a torrent tracker.

[OT]
    I have a PC 80Hz 486Dx 240Mb Hdd computer running
debian, will K8 run on it.Any local Hurd Guru's to
help me out here.
 I'll check out the hurd docs and google for info what
am looking for here is if anyone interested (get a
kick out) life into old hardware here.

--arky

=====
\_|       Rakesh 'arky' Ambati       |