Minutes of Dec 10 BoF by FOSS EDU IN group

प्रवीण् ए (Praveen A) pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 14 20:49:01 IST 2005

Hi,

Minutes of Dec 10 BoF by FOSS EDU IN group
Please join the discussion on the wiki
http://fci.wikicities.com/wiki/BoFs/Education/Dec10-2005

   - Creation of a FOSS course material
   - Consortium for FOSS training

 consortium -  a group of people, countries, companies, etc. who are
working    together on a
 particular project:

   - Building local communities in different campuses
   - A GNUsletter on to update every months activities.
   - Creation of technical content
   - Selecting FOSS projects which students can take up as academic
   projects
   - Broadband internet for students

This was a very interesting point. As high speed internet connection is a
must for foss development we should offer it for interested students as
scholarships (comapnies like Redhat/Novell/Google/HP/IBM .... can offer it
-- It costs just Rs 250 per month per student)

   - FOSS centeres in colleges (Eg: IITB) in association with companies
   were students get all the facilities for foss development.
   - FOSS campaigns in schools

As most of the colleges are having exam season we are looking for schools in
the mean time as targets. We hope to have some seminars in schools in
Bangalore in the coming months.

   - Another interesting project is for a VCD shop in Ulsoor

Here is a link to the
discussion<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-technical/message/21791>
            "GNU is the system, and Linux is the  kernel."
A proud GNU user http://www.gnu.org
Me scribbles at http://www.pravi.co.nr