[fsug-bangalore] Hi! This is Jhinuk

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 3 08:51:15 IST 2005

Aloha AB,
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:11 -0700, Anand Babu wrote:
> Welcome to the Free Software Users Group (Bangalore) Jhinuk. As a
> journalist, you can really play a key role in taking this group
> forward.

We need more media people in FSUG since projecting the right perspective
about Free Software in Karnataka is very important. Various members of
media pointed out the in Karnataka OSS folks have neatly brain-washed
the journalists to substitute 'Free Software with 'Open Source'
everywhere ;oP

> We want to transform this FSUG-Bangalore to FSF-Karnataka
> karnataka.gnu.org.in.

Its continues process, lets work towards it.

> I think we have a pretty good team now in Bangalore.
>   Arky, Sajith, Abhinav, Jhinuk, Nagappan, Bala, Avati and myself.
> Avati can link us with Mysore group too.

Nagappan, Bala and Avati kindly post your intro for other members
benefit.Its would be nice if members post their introduction when join
FSUG mailing-list.

> We should improve our website, instead of one single lengthy
> page. Arky, drupal content management system may be a good way to go.

As I believe that's wiki's are the epitome of community feeling, I
suggest we should stick with wiki for our website.

Abhas and me are looking at the various wiki solutions for this.If you
like help us please shout out.

Cheers

--
arky