suggestion for software freedom day

Raj shekhar rajlist@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 1 15:21:02 IST 2005

Hello,

I was talking to arky about what FSUG plans to do for the software
freedom day.  My suggestion is to have a "Linux Demo Day" in a college.

Delhi LUG had organised such an event in September last year (plans are
afoot to hold another one this year) in Jamia Hamdard University.  We
had a good response.  While we had expected around 100 people to turn
up, around 400 people came in.  Most of the students had tried Linux and
came up with very specific question on what they wanted to do - like
share drive between Linux and windows or connect windows and Linux.

We also had talks describing what is so different about Free Software.
How people are using it and how it s not just "command line" anymore.
There were demos and CD distribution (Delhi LUG earned a good amount
selling CDs ).

Can we have something similar in Bangalore ?

Thanks
--
Raj Shekhar		           Y!IM : lunatech3007
blog : http://rajshekhar.net/blog  home : http://rajshekhar.net