[fsug-bangalore] Possible Content for newsletter

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed May 5 09:57:30 IST 2004

--- Sajith T S <sajith at symonds.net> wrote:
> Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
>
> > You must have read the story about Sun planning to
> > release Java under GPL.Can someone write a
> commentary
> > with FSF perspective.
>
> Their plan is to release Solaris under GPL. So far,
> Sun had been
> resisting the very idea of "open-sourcing" Java.
>
> Richard Stallman's commentary on freeing up Java:
> http://www.sys-con.com/story/print.cfm?storyid=44472

Good one,I archive it for newsletter use.

> GCJ and GNU classpath projects are there, and the
> language and its
> runtime specs are (hopefully) out there in the open.
> It would be a
> better idea to help those projects?

  Well, I can barely spell java.Doubt I can help 'em.
Talking about the newsletter contents,it would be
great to trace down the support of java in GNU/Linux
by Blackdown project before IBM released their JVM and
green thread's stuff.

BTW let keep it off the technical track, what am
talking is how java support evolved before corp'
pitched in, and the current crises and comments.

--arky