[fsug-bangalore] FSF in Schools

Suraj suraj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 15 19:51:44 IST 2004

[keeping my reply short because I've got work to do]

Ramanraj K wrote:
,----
| evolved seeds that  could be used the next  academic year.  Looks like
| the chickens hatch from eggs, but a chicken did not lay the first egg.
`----

Whatever... Demo at Schools  had too  little people and  whatever efforts
people invested reached out to a very small mass.

,----
| >  teaching Assembly Language for the newbie.
| >
| My goodness! Those are for Demo at Colleges.
`----

True. We  also demoed  at some colleges  - Venkateswara  Engg., Madras
Christian College,  MIT (no  formal demo,  but I used  to teach  for a
pretty long time during weekends).

,----
| own weight.  Originally I was introduced to `Open Source Linux' at the
| Bangalore IT.Com fair, but soon the  powerful pull from the GPL led me
| to these lists.  I have not known GNU fanaticism, and nobody pushed me
| into these lists.  Since we  value freedom more than anything else, we
| can ask others to stay vigilant too.
`----

Whatever... I'm too tired with GNU advocacy at this point. I'm all for
doing  useful  work.   Not  mere  flaming /  advising  /  preaching  /
etc.,.

,----
| Probably all these could get transferred to a wiki ?
`----

Sure, Will do this weekend. The books are out there in the CVS[1]. Can
I upload it to some sort of an FTP or CVS on fsug-bangalore? or can we
simply go ahead and use Demo at Schools' CVS?

cheers,

  -Suraj

[1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/demo-schools/demo-schools/

PS: Can  we talk  something useful, please?   and put  Demo at Schools to
sleep?

--
,-----------------[http://www.symonds.net/~suraj/]---o