[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

Sajith T S sajithts@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jun 14 09:22:08 IST 2004

Ramanraj K wrote:

> At I Std, a Text Book is issued for `Computer Science'.  The chapters
> are: 1. Introduction 2. Hello Computers 3. Parts of a Computer 4. Uses
> of Computer 5. Computers at Work 6. Type with Notepad [ms] 7. Let's
> Paint [with ms]  Chapters 1 to 5 are vendor neutral, but with chapter 6,
> liberal screen shots introduce ms to kids.  From now on, CS is like any
> other subject - Q&A and Tests based on the Text Book become part of the
> curriculum.

Which reminds of...

	Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is
	about telescopes. (attributed to Edsger Dijkstra.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_science

Dijkstra is the man who called Software Engineering folks charlatans and
quacks :) I don't remember which paper is that, but this manuscript has
some "extreme" insight:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/ewd13xx/EWD1305.PDF

Sajith.
--
Your friends will know you better in the first moment you meet than
your acquaintances will know you in a lifetime.