[Fsfs-discuss] general discussion about exhibition and query about conf slots

Shyam | ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | Karanattu mail at swathanthran.in
Thu Nov 20 12:17:11 IST 2008

Hi,
Indeed i am waiting very anxiously for the great big event.
We, the team from MESCE had a very great time at the national conference.
All the students were from just the second year(third and fourth
years were having exams)and with the solid preperations of previous one
week and consequent screening making them confident.
They got excellent remarks from the visitors, especially from nagarjuna
sir and some 15+mins to share with him too!. (except the attack from the
event volunteers to the stalls).
Students are thrilled about the experiance and exposure they got and we
are trying to proceed with the momentum we have by starting with lill
projects.
Anyway, so we are really anxiously looking forward to the fsfs
conf on what next we can do towards the conf.

We presented 7 topics at cusat namely

1)GNU Hurd and React OS
2)Web admin tools
3)Free Software in Embedded systems
4)Free Software tools for Electronics
5)Linux Kernel and device driver programming
6)blender
7)Phoenix

We also had a presentation on Hurd installer that was developed in our
college. the project is being continued by the juniors. I also had
proposed a talk on Free Software in electronics, a summary of
all free software developments in the electronics field, aiming on
electronics enthusiasists. That was later postponed and there after
slipped out of hands at the cusat conf:( I am planning to blog about the
content as soon as my site is up and running.

Donno  If such a conf with all those big people coming in, is having
even a distant plan about giving slots for college students.. neway we
are confident about the above two, incase if you plan otherwise..

I had a talk with anoopjt last day, and his plan to conduct the
exhibition subject wise is a good idea. I dont have an idea about the
venue, But it would be great if we can manage to divide the whole
exhibition area subject wise. The disadvantages would be that a single
team proposing multiple subjects would have stalls at different places
but i think thats ok comparing to the great beauty of like subjects
being presented on near places. Again that requires more work on
co-ordination too!..

Hope today's meeting would make it clear about the plans and capabilities and lets
discuss there after with the discussions happened out there..

Happy hacking
Shyam K