[Fsf-india] Re: Value (from FSF-India)

Rajkumar S. raj2569@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:46:53 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Tapan S. Parikh wrote:

> Good start. But my vision for the final product would be much more
> feature rich

> - a separate interface for NGOs to post problems in ways familiar
> to them

mail/forum?

> - a way for us to go through those problems, give feedback,
> formalize and create specs
> - ways for project teams to form around those specs, and start
> committing
>     - revision control for projects
>     - software download page

These can make use of Savannah. Since only geeks are using these
things can be flexible.

> - a place for NGOs to give iterative feedback, both during
> development and after beta deployment

same mail/forum?

> But one must understand that NGOs and staff aren't used to the
> modes of interactions we use, and how things proceed there.
> Putting this kind of stuff up in a way friendly to these kinds of
> users could really facilitate the process.

Before taking the plunge it will be help full if they can start
interacting with us either in this list or using the forum, I would
prefer the latter. That will enable them to get a feel of the online
community and us a feel of NGO community.

> As a case in point, think if we ask NGO staff to join this mailing
> list - how excited would they be about free software after sitting
> in on the discussion for a week or two?

Hm.. We can supply them a special flame retardant heat shield ;)

raj