[Fsf-india] Re: Value (from FSF-India)

Tapan S. Parikh tap2k@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:31:41 +0530

Good start. But my vision for the final product would be much more feature
rich

    - a separate interface for NGOs to post problems in ways familiar to
them
    - a way for us to go through those problems, give feedback, formalize
and create specs
    - ways for project teams to form around those specs, and start
committing
    - revision control for projects
    - software download page
    - a place for NGOs to give iterative feedback, both during development
and after beta deployment

I realize to a certain extent all of these things could be done through a
mailing list or a forum.  But one must understand that NGOs and staff arent
used to the modes of interactions we use, and how things proceed there.
Putting this kind of stuff up in a way friendly to these kinds of users
could really facilitate the process.

As a case in point, think if we ask  NGO staff to join this mailing list -
how excited would they be about free software after sitting in on the
discussion for a week or two?

--Tapan