[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:54:49 +0530

If memory serves me right, E. Krishnan wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
>
> > If  you cannot make  out my  lucid style,  I can  re-word and  help you.
>
> "lucid" style, but objection to your deliberately "offensive" style, full
> of unnecessary barbs and taunts.

	Hey ! , to each one himself. I don't think either of you want to
flame each other.

	Also it is not right for such frontliners of this movement to
fight. I think people who call it linux have been there, are ther
and will be there.

	It's a waste of time to talk about the name -- what we need to
do is to make the name "GNU" irreplacable in future .

The point is

      "if you know what GNU did , and want to call it Linux
	   -- have it your own way".

But if you don't It's my duty to tell you.

BTW Linux is under the GNU GPL -- not just GPL (another flame war ?)

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success