[Fsf-india] help

Rajkumar S. raj2569@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:53:19 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, anoopksharma wrote:

> dear sir , ihave registerd with you

Thank you for your interest in the Free software Community.

> what are the mai motto of you .

Sorry, I cannot understand your question here.

> can you tell me the what kind of software you can provide free of
> cost as i read in magazine that you can provide a valid free
> software

FSF India as such do not provide software, but as a part of Free
software community you can get a lot of Free software. Before going to
the actual software, it is essential to understand the meaning of Free
as in Free software. Free do not mean that the monetary cost is zero,
but that the software guarantees certain freedom to you as a user and
programmer, like Freedom to share the copy of the software you use to
with your friend and the freedom to make improvement to the software.

Please see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html for more
complete description of Free software.

To learn more about FSF and GNU project please see www.gnu.org and
especially http://www.gnu.org/philosophy.

Their are many sites for Free software, www.freshmeat.net is one such
repository, You can also see http://www.gnu.org/software/software.html

And you can always copy the Free software from your friend and use.

Hope this mail was useful to you, if you have further queries please
get back to the list.

raj