[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

E. Krishnan ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:05:48 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

> Can you kindly elaborate on what was well put ?
>
> You mean to  say <blah..blah...>

Don't you think it's funny how you ask me a question and then start
answering it yourself in your own way?

I said the statemnt in question was well put, since it struck a familiar
chord in me.  As a teacher, I've often come across this malady of
emphasizing a name at the cost of the meaning of a concept. So, when
someone else echoed this sentiment, I naturally responded. Regarding the
Linux vs. GNU/Linux issue, I think RMS has said it all in the quote I'd
given.

Once again, please don't attribute your meanings to my statements.

--
Krishnan