[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

Raju Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:00:02 +0530 (IST)

    RM> Raju Mathur wrote:
    >> Sad to see that so many members of the FSF-I community believe
    >> that attacking a person is the right way to spread their
    >> message of freedom and openness.

    RM> I don't believe in personal attack without a reason either.

Of course, since you decide the reason, it automatically follows that
if you attack someone you have ample reason for doing so.
Self-referential and completely meaningless.

    >> the world doesn't really give a d*mn.  I believe what I believe
    >> and do what I do, and your trivial categorisations are of the
    >> least

    RM> It will do a lot of good for mankind if everyone understand
    RM> what they talk and also understand that most of the
    RM> individuals in the world think alike and have "similar"
    RM> beliefs.

No, /you/ believe that you know what's good for mankind and generalise
it for the remaining 5,999,999,999 people on the planet.  I'll agree
with you if you say, `I believe that this is good for mankind, but I'm
willing and open to listening to and tolerating other beliefs.'  I
haven't heard an iota of tolerance on this list yet, and a community
without tolerance is dubbed Fascist.

    >> call what software and (b) making personal attacks on people.
    >> Maybe that's one way of awakening people, but don't mind if I
    >> stick to my own way which tends to prefer doing over talking.

    RM> I believe we should balance both, that's what the free
    RM> software community had been doing, otherwise we would have
    RM> never seen GNU or linux kernel.

Free software community defined as `people who do and not talk'.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raju Mathur          raju@kandalaya.org           http://kandalaya.org/