[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

Raju Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:41:04 +0530 (IST)

    >> for >> calling it "Linux".
    >>
    RM> Linux is a kernel and will always be a kernel..:-)No matter
    RM> how many Chitnis-en use the term Linux to call the Operating
    RM> system.
    >>  You're welcome to think of Linux as the kernel; to me and
    >> millions of other people around the world Linux remains an
    >> operating system, with contributions from many sources
    >> including GNU.

    KAL> The Linux kernel was a contribution to the GNU operating
    KAL> system. Not vice-versa.

Are you quoting the author of the kernel or someone else?  If someone
else, I'd suggest you look at what the author says of it.  I can claim
that the Linux kernel was a contribution to my personal fortune, but
just saying it doesn't make it so.

Regards,

-- Raju
--