[Fsf-india] FSF(I)'s existence ignored in press reports ?

Ranjit Babu d0153019@ncb.ernet.in
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:57:51 +0530 (IST)

	Today's newspapers (at least in Bangalore) carry reports about RMS's visit
to India. There's something strange that I found here.. the Economic Times
quotes RMS as saying there is an effort to establish the Free Software
Foundation in India ..
	The FSF-I exists doesn't it? Or is this because the org has not
been registered as a legal entity ? The report conveys the impression that
FSF India does not exist.
	A similar statement appears in the Times of India too - but
they've stressed on the GNU project.
	The Ec Times and TOI reports were't all too informative, but I
found the New Indian Express report (with an RMS color photo) quite
impressive. They also stress the fact that 'Linux' is a kernel and mention
the OS as GNU/Linux.. which is surprising considering the press'
non-familiarity with things we are concerned about..